Blue is a versatile color that may be used in a variety of ways. Blue shorts look great with a variety of tops, including white, black, green, yellow, beige, and even multi-colored ones. You can also use your imagination and experiment with a range of colors before settling on one, but don’t overthink it; simply have fun with it.
I bought a pair of turquoise blue shorts. They’re the same color as a pair of satin pants I had in junior high school back in the 1980s. That was my favorite pair of pants, and this pair of blue shorts reminds me of them and makes me nostalgic, which is why I purchased them.
What are the Types of Blue Shorts?
I know I can wear them with a white or black shirt, but I wanted to expand my options so I can be more creative with the styles I can create this summer. There are so many different shades and hues of blue shorts that I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to know what I can wear with them.
Below is a collection of blue shorts in various hues and materials, as well as suggestions for what to wear with blue shorts for both men and women.
Cargo Blue Shorts
For a casual yet dressy style, wear turquoise blue cargo shorts with a great white shirt. This look can also be achieved by wearing a tan, yellow, pink, brown, or blacktop with a matching sandal or sneaker. This is a fantastic suit that is both comfy and elegant.
Chino Blue Shorts
With a pink blouse or a polo shirt, a pair of light or dark blue chino shorts will look fantastic. To assist contrast the varied hues in this type of summer outfit, match a basic pair of blue chino shorts with a brown belt. You can also pair these blue shorts with a dress shirt to wear to a business meeting or an important appointment that will advance your life forwards.
Denim Blue Shorts
If you like the appearance and feel of blue jeans but it’s too hot to wear them, try a pair of blue denim shorts instead. The fun part about this style of blue jean shorts, like a pair of basic black shorts, is that you can match them with anything because most clothing options work well with blue denim, and you can dress them up for more formal situations or tone them down for more informal ones.
You can also dress it up to resemble a shorts suit for a more formal occasion or work-related event by adding a denim jacket for those cool nights when you need something on your arms.
High Waist Blue Shorts
This ensemble of light blue high-waisted shorts, a matching jacket, and a light-colored tank top would be perfect for work or play. High-waisted shorts are not only comfortable but also fashionable, although they are more suitable for ladies than for males. This combo would be a good casual look to wear to a summer party or to a business meeting at the office.
Linen Blue Shorts
Because linen is a cool, clean fabric, blue linen shorts are an excellent alternative for men and women during the summer. Light blue linen shorts look great with a white shirt or a striped or printed top with the same shade of blue going through it. Put on a pair of brown or tan loafers and you’ll be set to go while looking stylish.
What to Wear with Blue Shorts?
Blue shorts aren’t simply fashionable in 2022; they’re a timeless trend that will never go out of style. These shorts belong in every woman’s wardrobe. They are the most comfortable and simple to wear, and every lady may wear them in a variety of fashionable styles and ways.
Beach Cover up with Blue Shorts
For those of you who are unsure what to dress to the beach, here is a fashionable beach look for you. Wear your blue shorts with a colorful blazer and a printed bra. Put on a pair of comfortable flats to finish your look. Your beach attire is complete with vibrant blue shorts.
Denim Shirt with Blue Shorts
If you don’t want to wear cropped tops, match your blue shorts with this long blue denim shirt. To add color to your style, pair your clothing with basic flats and a dark maroon purse.
loose Top with Blue Shorts
Sundays are happy days, and when you go out to have a good time, you want to dress comfortably and stylishly. If you want to have a good time, this outfit is ideal. Wear your free-flowing top with your comfy blue shorts. Wear your favorite shoes with this outfit and a cross-body bag to complete the appearance. You’re all set for a Sunday day of fun.
Off-white Top with Blue Shorts
Blue shorts would make a terrific holiday outfit because we all prefer to wear bright colors when we’re on vacation. For island getaways, shorts are ideal. These blue high-waisted shorts should be in your closet because they look excellent and go with any top. With an off-white blouse with puffy sleeves, these high-waisted blue shorts will look fantastic. You can wear gorgeous grey heels with this ensemble.
Paperbag Blue Shorts
The combination of black and blue is always gorgeous. Wear your blue paper bag shorts with a black sleeveless shirt. Put on a pair of exquisite flats and let your clothing be enhanced by your footwear. Bracelets or a wristwatch can be worn to complete the appearance. Your grey blonde hair will complement your blue and black ensemble.
What Goes with Cobalt Blue Shorts?
Cobalt blue complements a wide spectrum of colors, including black, navy, white, camel, red, orange, and green.
- For a natural watery palette, combined with green.
- Grey is a great choice for subtle elegance.
- To tone down a riot of scorching red and orange color scheme, go bold and add a splash of blue (pictured above)
- By combining blue and yellow, you can draw attention to yourself.
- The traditional white and blue color scheme is light, airy, and nautical.
- For an attractively wealthy impression, use silver or gold accents.
- To wear back with solids, look for designs or patterns with the color.
What Tops go with Denim Blue Shorts?
A pair of denim shorts is certainly the item that gets the most wear during the summer months. Denim shorts, the ideal weekend classic, are our go-to summer saviors, worn most often with a striped tee and sandals for an easy, casual daytime look. However, finding a pair of flattering and well-fitting denim shorts is not always simple. Like most denim, finding a pair you like that fits your style and body type takes some trial and error. Fortunately, we conducted some research and determined the most attractive silhouettes for any taste. In addition, we looked to our favorite fashion muses for infinite ideas on how to look fresh and beautiful for any summer occasion.
Sometimes the most basic wardrobe formulas are the most effective. Wear your relaxed mid-rise denim shorts with a loose-fitting sleeveless white blouse and a pop of red—a smart bandana around your neck or tied in your hair is undeniably stylish.
What Goes with Navy Blue Shorts?
If there’s one color of shorts we think you should have, it’s navy blue. You may have fallen in love with denim or black shorts, but wait until you realize how versatile and adaptable this outfit is. Navy blue shorts are a wardrobe must-have. We’ve selected all the color shirts and outfit options that will go well with your navy blue shorts since we believe they will offer you all the feels from casual to could-be-formal.
Casual Look with Navy Blue Shorts
- A red polo paired with navy blue shorts is all you need to obtain a casual yet attractive look. Put on your white canvas low-top sneakers, sunglasses, and watch, and marvel at how well everything fits together.
- The combo of a navy polo and navy shorts is the outfit you’re looking for for a cool casual look. Slip on a pair of bright-colored flip flops for a more relaxed look.
- If you’re looking for a comfy yet stylish outfit, go for a grey hoodie, charcoal print crew-neck top, and navy shorts. To lend a welcoming touch to this ensemble, finish it off with a pair of grey athletic shoes.
- A blue crew-neck sweater and navy shorts are the ideal laid-back outfit. Add a pair of black leather brogues to the mix to completely transform the outfit.
- Wear a dark green print crew-neck t-shirt and navy blue shorts for casual city style without sacrificing functionality. Wear dark green athletic sneakers to add a sense of elegant casualness to this attire.
- To create an intriguing and up-to-date comfy casual wardrobe, pair a floral short sleeve shirt in black and white with navy shorts. Allow your stylistic inclinations to shine by finishing your ensemble with a pair of black and white canvas low-top sneakers.